Gorgeous Picture. The contrast is superb. No motion blurring or anything of the sort. Thin Frame. Right Price. Friendly remote. Intuitive on-screen menu.
Reviews from customers who have bought LG 60PA6500 60-Inch Plasma TV recently
|The Good||The Bad|
|Our Overall Rating:|
- Black Levels
- The LG 60PA6500 has a new black filter that is a massive improvement on other recent models, meaning the blacks are extremely dark and inky whilst the whites are very light and clean. This allows for phenomenal contrast and provides huge amounts of depth, no matter how dark or bright the picture is.
- Color Accuracy
- The color accuracy is breath taking, as impressive as models that are over $2000 let alone for under $1000. The 1080p resolution and fantastic black levels, means the colors are rich, vibrant and deeply accurate.
- Video Motion
- The 60PA6500 has 600hz motion which is simply the amount of frames it shows per second, the higher the number the higher the quality and at 600hz this model is equal to TVs two or three times its price. This completely eliminates any motion blur and ghosting that you would normally experience whilst watching movies or live sports.
- Bright Lighting
- The Intelligent Sensor feature detects the amount of light hitting the screen and adjusts the picture accordingly, meaning no matter how bright or dark the room is, you will always get optimal picture quality. It is a completely automatic feature, so you won’t have to adjust or do anything.
- The LG 60PA6500 has 1080p resolution so the picture quality is fantastic, at the same level as other top end high definition TVs. The out of the box picture settings can be to some people’s distaste so make sure you tweak it or get it properly calibrated to get the best picture quality possible.
- The 60PA6500 does not come with built-in Wi-Fi but then again it does not have any built-in online features so there is really no need for it to be internet ready. It does however have 3 HDMI ports perfect for people with media players, game consoles etc and it also has a single USB port, which are all on the side of TV making it easy to change cables if you wall mount.
- Sound Quality
- The sound quality is best described as well above average for a thin HD TV, it’s simply not possible to fit a high quality sound unit inside such a slim TV. Whilst it is not vital to use a surround sound system, I would highly suggest it as it massively improves your viewing experience.
- The LG 60PA6500 is incredibly thin, with the screen only being one inch thick, making it ideal for wall mounting. The bezel is slightly rounded around the corners of the television, which actually really improves the aesthetics and makes it very attractive looking.
|Auto Volume Leveler II (AVL)||Yes|
|Clear Voice II technology||Yes|
|Composite V/A In||1x|
|Component video In||1x|
|VGA D-Sub In||1x|
|Audio line In||2x|
|Length x Width x Depth||54.6 x 14 x 34.8 inches|
|Weight with stand||89.5 pounds|