Best 60 Inch TVs For Gaming
For casual gamers using an average quality 32 inch TV might suffice, but for serious gamers only a high end 60 inch TV will do. Here is a run down of things you need to look our for when searching for best 60 inch TV for gaming, and also our recommended TVs complete with our reasons why.
What Makes A Great 60 Inch TV For Gaming?
- Full HD – this should go without saying, but you need to get a television that has full HD, this guarantees a high quality picture.
- Game Mode – this is a picture setting that is increasingly coming as standard with TVs, this is best settings for gaming as configured by the manufacturer.
- Ports & Connections – make sure you choose a 60 inch TV that comes with enough HDMI and audio ports, so you can connect your gaming console plus other devices.
- Screen Type – plasma screens are well known for having smooth images with zero lag when gaming, but LED screens tend to have sharper images. This one is down to personal preference really.
- 3D Capability – 3D gaming is becoming more and more popular. Plasma screens are great as they have the lowest levels of crosstalk, whilst LED screens have a much brighter picture. Again this is all about which you prefer.
Our Recommended 60 Inch TVs For Gaming
This is the Panasonic VIERA TC-P60GT30 and it’s our highest rated television for gaming. It comes with every single one of the recommendations that we suggested at the top of this page, and it is quite simply an awesome television.
Not only is this perfect for gaming, but it is also an all round fantastic 60 inch television. It has 3D capability, it has a built-in WiFi meaning it is internet ready and it has a life span of over 30 years, now that is true value.
The Sharp LC60LE835U is another great 60 inch TV for gaming, it has all the recommended attributes, including Full HD, 3D capability, LED screen and multiple ports. Since it is an LED screen, it is extremely slim making it perfect for wall mounting.
The stand out feature is the VyperDrive gaming mode which significantly speeds up the transmission between the TV and your console. When this mode is active, transmission is five times faster, this completely removes any chance of lag.
Whilst the Samsung UN60D8000 does not come with a game mode, it does include every single other recommendation from the top of this page. It comes with full HD and has an LED screen, which means the picture has great brightness and sharpness levels.
The Auto Motion Plus 240Hz feature means there is literally no motion blur when playing games, this definitely makes up for the fact there is no game mode. The odd looking stand allows for optimum angling of the television as well, a great feature for gaming.