The Best 60 Inch TVs for Video Games
- Panasonic VIERA TC-P60GT30 / TC-P65GT30
- Sharp LC60LE835U
- Samsung UN60D8000
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65GT30 65-Inch TV (3D Plasma Full HD 1080p Flat 600Hz Plasma Smart TV)
A movie theater type of viewing experience. Truly remarkable quality of picture and 3D. A beautiful design. The crown jewel. The bigger the better!
Reviews from customers who have bought recently
Not only is this perfect for gaming, but it is also an all round fantastic 65 inch television. It has 3D capability, it has a built-in WiFi meaning it is internet ready and it has a life span of over 30 years, now that is true value.
Read our full review of Panasonic VIERA TC-P65GT30 Plasma 65-Inch TV
Sharp LC60LE835U Quattron 60-inch TV (3D 1080p Full HD 240Hz LED-LCD HDTV)
A beautiful incredibly thin 60 Inch TV. Great picture quality at a great price per inch. Perfect TV for Gaming. Breathtaking. Bye bye movie theater! This TV is just awesome.
Reviews from customers who have bought Sharp LC60LE835U Quattron 60-Inch TV recently
The stand out feature is the VyperDrive gaming mode which significantly speeds up the transmission between the TV and your console. When this mode is active, transmission is five times faster, this completely removes any chance of lag.
Read our full review of Sharp LC60LE835U Quattron 60-Inch LED TV
Samsung UN60D8000 60-Inch TV (Full HD 1080p 240Hz 3D LED Smart TV)
Out of the box the images are spectacular, sharp, vibrant colors and deep blacks. 3D movie watching is stunning. Beautiful Frame. Easy to hook up external storage devices to view photos and videos.
Reviews from customers who have bought Samsung UN60D8000 60-Inch TV recently
The Auto Motion Plus 240Hz feature means there is literally no motion blur when playing games, this definitely makes up for the fact there is no game mode. The odd looking stand allows for optimum angling of the television as well, a great feature for gaming.
- What is Game Mode?
- This is a picture setting that is increasingly coming as standard with TVs, this is best settings for gaming as configured by the manufacturer. The main goal is to increase responsiveness of the controller. In addition to that it usually also reduce brightness and video buffering.
- How to turn on Game Mode on Samsung 60 Inch TV?
- Usually, you can change it easily with your remote, Game Mode option can be found under Setup › General menu.
- How to enable Game Mode on LG 60 Inch TV?
- Similarly, with your remote under Picture Mode settings.
- How to turn on Game Mode on Panasonic 60 Inch TV?
- Option 1: Under the Picture Mode menu option. Option 2: Label a video input port as “Game”.
Ports & Connections
Make sure you choose a 60 inch TV that comes with enough HDMI and audio ports, so you can connect your gaming console plus other devices.
- Plasma vs LCD/LED 60-Inch TV for Gaming?
- Plasma screens are well known for having smooth images with zero lag when gaming, but LED-LCD screens tend to have sharper images. This one is down to personal preference really.
- Input Lag rating
- The parameter indicates the delay between pressing a button and seeing the reaction of a game. No need to mention the lower the number the better. It should not exceed 50ms for heavy gamers, anything above 200ms is highly distracting. On the other side no need to go below 30 ms as the difference is usually not noticeable.
This should go without saying, but you need to get a television that has Full HD and that can display all available HD resolutions up to 1080p (1920×1080p, 2.1 megapixel). It will guarantee you a high quality picture and the best gaming experience.
3D gaming is becoming more and more popular. Plasma screens are great as they have the lowest levels of crosstalk, whilst LED screens have a much brighter picture. Again this is all about which you prefer.