Flagship quality at a mid-range price. Beautiful picture - black is really black. Panasonic plasma is the way to go. Winner winner chicken dinner.
Reviews from customers who have bought Panasonic VIERA TC-P60ST50 60-Inch TV recently
Awesome picture quality at a great price, truly stunning for video games, seamless HD video – Unbeatable! You need to buy glasses for 3D though. Easy-to-setup and stable wireless network, works perfectly even with Full HD streaming.
| The Good
| The Bad
- Fantastic picture quality
- Great value for money
- Viera Cast smart TV is great for films lovers
- Comes with built-in Wi-Fi
- Very thin and sleak looking
- Only 3 HDMI ports
- Prone to glare in bright rooms
- 3D glasses not included
- High power consumption
|Our Overall Rating:
- Black Levels
- The black levels are really impressive and you can notice the complete uniformity too, there is absolutely no fade effect that can often appear when there is a lot of black on screen. Even in the brightly lit rooms, the black levels still perform very well.
- Color Accuracy
- Possibly the best color accuracy from a Panasonic we’ve ever seen. The true balance of colors allows for a great picture and that is noticeable by the accuracy of things like skin tones and natural scenery.
- Video Motion
- We were pleased to see zero motion blur or ghosting when viewing the TC-P60ST50 in 60hz mode but you go to the lower setting of 48hz then you can notice some flickering. It also Panasonic’s own Motion Smoother technology, which doesn’t do anything noticeable and best not used.
- Bright Lighting
- When testing the TV in a bright room, we found there were some glare issues, admittedly not as much as other plasma TVs we havetested but definitely something to take into consideration if put it into a bright room.
- To put it simply, the picture quality is phenomenal. The black levels are extremely deep, it has fantastic color accuracy and whilst most plasma screens are heavily affected by bright rooms, the TC-P60ST50 bright room performance is the best we’ve seen from a plasma.
Just like all current TVs, the picture quality wasn’t as high when viewing in 3D. When watching movies or television in 48hz there is nearly no cross talk and ghosting, nothing that you would notice anyway. Bare in mind that this model does not come with 3D glasses, they will have to be purchased separately.
- Online Capability
- The VIERA TC-P60ST50 comes with Panasonic’s own smart TV service called Viera Cast which allows you to download and use apps, such as Netflix, Amazon Video, Vudu, YouTube, Napster, Pandora, the usual social networking sites and even an online browser. The truly useful apps are the video services which are perfect for easy watching of movies and since it comes with built-in WiFi you can get started right away. Viera Cast also allows you to place your favourite apps on it’s main menu, perfect for quickly selecting your most used apps.
- The Panasonic VIERA TC-P60ST50 only comes with 3 HDMI ports which might be a problem for some people but others wanting additional ports might have to keep switching out devices or could buy a splitter. It comes with 2 USB ports and an SD card slot too, perfect for anyone wanting to connect mobile devices, cameras etc.
- Sound Quality
- Surprisingly the sound quality was very good, usually such thin televisions struggle to produce a good sound but the Panasonic VIERA TC-P60ST50 excelled in this department. It still isn’t as good as a separate 5.1 surround system but it is more than bearable without.
- There is no question that the VIERA TC-P60ST50 is a great looking television, it is extremely thin being approximately 1.5 inches thick, the bezel is completely non-reflective which means it is not distracting. There are also easily accessible volume, channel, power and menu controls on the right side of the TV.
|Full 2D and 3D
|2D to 3D Conversion
|Media Player (SD, USB, DLAN via LAN)
|Social Networking TV
|Length x Width x Depth
|55.4 x 2.1 x 33 inches
|Weight with stand