Lightweight, amazing picture and sound, exactly what I was looking for. Setup is pretty straightforward and intuitive.
Reviews from customers who have bought Samsung UN60ES6100 60-Inch LED HDTV recently
Fantastic Picture Quality with huge amounts of depth and great color accuracy. Lots of Online Features and Great Price but no 3D Capability. The TV comes with 3 HDMI ports, 3 USB ports and built-in WiFi.
| The Good
| The Bad
- Fantastic picture quality
- Great value for money
- Lots of online functionality
- Good sound quality
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Glare sometimes visible
- No 3D capability
- Hard to navigate web browser
|Our Overall Rating:
- Black Levels
- The black levels show a huge improvement over 2011 Samsung models, they are dark and inky. Especially in shadowy scenes, where in previous models the blacks were overpowering and this caused washed out images. The UN60ES6100′s impressive black levels keeps lots of detail, even in really dark scenes.
- Color Accuracy
- The UN60ES6100 has fantastic color accuracy, the picture is extremely immersive and has huge amounts of depth. The black levels meant the contrast was really impressive and this allowed for stunning detail and color accuracy.
- Video Motion
- The 240 Clear Motion Rate from the UN60ES6100 means you never suffer from juddery pictures or motion blur. This is fantastic for anyone who watches a lot of fast moving content, such as live sports, films or gaming.
- Bright Lighting
- The screen is semi-matte and you can sometimes notice glare on the screen, especially if there is a light directly pointed at the television. You don’t need a dark room to enjoy the UN60ES6100 but you definitely don’t want direct light.
- The UN60ES6100′s picture quality is outstanding, it has the same picture quality of the UN60ES6100 but it is half the price. Awesome black levels, depth, color accuracy and detail, there is no motion blur or judder either. The only negative would be the slight glare sometime experienced in very bright rooms.
- Online Capability
- There is a lot of online options available, there is Samsung’s app store that gives you access to over 1,500 apps and there is also the Smart Hub which allows you to use services like Netflix, Amazon Video, VuDu and many, many more. The Smart Hub means you’ll never have a dull night in, there are literally millions of movies to choose from. The App store has tonnes of useful apps too, covering news, weather, sports plus all the usual social apps like Twitter, Facebook and so on.
- There is also a web browser, completely controlled by the remote, however it is a normal remote so it doesn’t have a QWERTY keyboard, just the normal directional buttons to control everything, this makes doing anything very slow. It is a proper web browser so you can look at anything on the internet, loading speeds are fast too but without a mouse and keyboard, doing normal online tasks is very slow.
- The built-in Wi-Fi is a great feature, as it means you can quickly connect to the internet automatically, the connection is very strong and there is no noticeable loss of speed. The UN60ES6100 also comes with 3 HDMI ports and 3 USB ports, which is a satisfactory amount for the majority of people.
- Sound Quality
- The sound quality was very good for a 2 inch thick TV, whilst it doesn’t produce the audio quality of a surround sound system, it has fantastic sound for a flat screen TV. We’d still recommend buying a surround sound system, just so you can get a well rounded viewing experience.
- The design is very minimalistic, a simple half inch band surrounding the screen and a four legged stand that also swivels. We really liked the stand because it is very original and makes the TV look even more stable. Plus it swivels 20 degrees either side, which is great for finding the right viewing angle.
|Apps built for TV
|Digital Audio / Video Out
|Length x Width x Depth
|54.1 x 34.5 x 12.2 Inches
|Weight with stand
|The Package Contains
|UN60ES6100 60-Inch Slim LED HDTV